Saturday, February 6, 2010

Update


I got busy and got out of the habit of posting here, but I am pledging to do a better job again. So, my last post here was 9 miles. I have now done 12 miles twice! :)

After that 9 miles I posted on Jan 4, I was really, really, really, really sore. In fact, I was SO sore that it hurt to pick up my foot to press the pedals in the car. So, Tuesday, I went to our hill workout, but I just did a VERY little light jogging, and then I walked the hills to try to get some of the soreness out.

My log is attached above. I did a few treadmill runs in there, and the Feb 3rd run should have .64 more added to it but I screwed up the watch. The Feb 1st one was a run where we got lost. We started on the golf cart paths and got confused. We ended up running on a highway on the tiny shoulder. It was scary, and I was SO happy to be back at the hotel.

I am really enjoying the running, and the 12 miles today was awesome. Last week, we went back to 10 miles, and I ran it with Heather and Carmen. It was the first time I had company on a long run, and it was SO nice to have people to talk to during the run. Today, Carmen and I ran together the whole time, and I really enjoyed talking to her. Next week, we are doing 13!!!!!!!!!!1 I am sooooooo excited for this race! I simply cannot believe that I am doing these distances. I laugh when I think back to July when 60 seconds was hard. It is even funnier to think of May when 60 seconds at 4mph was KILLING me. I am so proud of myself.

I was down 67 lbs when I left for the week long sales meeting. This morning, I was up 2 lbs to have 65 lost. Hopefully that was just water or something and it will be gone tomorrow. I certainly ran a lot so it shouldn't be THAT bad. :)

No comments: