Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday, December 6th, 2007

Couch to 5k Week 7 #1
So, today is my last day to run before my first ever 5k. So, I am well aware that I will probably have to walk at least some of this 5k, but I decide that I will try to be more aware of where I am with timing today. So, I think I went faster in the beginning and that made this run the worst of all the ones I have done. I also have a bit of a chest cold, so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. All I know is 10 minutes in, my legs were hurting and I was having a hard time with my breathing. I wasn't gasping or anything, but I felt like I was having to work for my breathing. I felt like it would subside if I just worked through it but went a little slower. Unfortunately, that didn't help. Around 17 minutes, I was really not feeling good. So, I walked for about 1.5 - 2 minutes. Then, I finished by running another 6 or so to complete my 25 mins. I was sweating like crazy and just generaly feeling bad. I could barely walk up the stairs when I got home because my muscles were revolting. Not sure what was going on, but I sure hope it is better on Saturday!!!!!!

When I started walking I goofed the Polar watch too so my best guess (piecing together two exercise segments)
Time: 13:58 + 22:34 = 36:32
In Zone 18:03 (I changed my zone up a little bit)
Avg HR 164
Max HR 190
Calories = 244 + 160 = 404

No comments: