Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fastest Mile EVER

Yesterday, I had a Biko session where he killed my arms, back, and abs.

Tonight was a track night, and we did 2 mile repeats. The first mile, we ran hard around the ends and jogged on the straight. We rested for a minute or so. On the second one, we ran hard on the straight and jogged on the ends. I ran my fastest mile ever at 10:04. The second one was 10:14. I have never ever done 2 miles in 20:18 although I don't think I could have done that either without the rest in the middle. The best news is that this is faster than the 2:38 splits I was doing for a quarter mile only 5 weeks ago and this was a whole mile at a time. :) I screwed up on the Garmin and didn't push the button, so I didn't get the times. Guess that means I will have to do it again!

I am very nervous about the long run this week since the 6 miles was so hard. However, I think I am going to try the 5 min run with 30 second walk intervals like they suggested. :)

No comments: