Sunday, December 13, 2009

Flapjack 5K


Another PR for me! This morning, we ran the Flapjack 5K, and I hit another personal record by a whole 7 seconds! Too funny. I might could have been a few seconds faster, but I almost puked in the last tenth of a mile. My HR was too high I think. Oh well...:) I was pretty close to puking, and of course I was right next to the guy who was announcing people coming in. Hee Hee...:)

At the beginning of the race, we were laughing as the guy said that if you are a slow runner and run at a 9 or 10 minute pace, be sure to get to the back. We were cracking up and I wanted to ask where they people go who are trying to GET to a 9 or 10 minute pace. :) I am at 11:25 and proud of it. :)

It was basically a big circle through a neighborhood, but they had the miles marked well. It was kind of weird through the neighborhood as they didn't have police or anything. There were cars FLYING down the road, and it made me a little nervous. They did have police on the main road to stop traffic though.

Also, the water was pretty sparce. They had a tiny little cup of water just before the 2 mile point. The other races we have done (I like the sound of that) had two water stations. I like that better. I was going to wear my fuel belt, but I decided I would look like a complete dork. :)

After the race, they had flapjacks (hence the Flapjack name of the race), and they looked really good. I was a good girl and had a banana since I have eaten two big dinners at Outback in the last two days AND I had PIZZA at the cheer competition. Oops...I did well at Outback wiht my choices, but it is still a lot more than I normally eat. (I like the sound of that too).

The other Amy in Amy squared was there too and Mike also ran it. Other than the lack of water and traffic control, I think we all enjoyed it.

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Untitled

No comments: