Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Biko, Treadmill, and Elliptical




Today began with a trip to my friend Biko. Well, he was my friend before we started today's session - just kidding. Mark was still going, so I went upstairs to warm up. The ellipticals (my fav) were all taken, so i went to the treadmill - somewhat reluctantly. Low and behold, I had my best time ever on the treadmill. I started out walking and then set to do my 2 minute run before walking again. All of the sudden, I decided to turn up the incline to 1.0 instead of 0. THEN, I made it FIVE minutes straight. I walked for a bit, and then I was excited. I pushed it more and I just kept going. It was amazing. I really feel like I am making progress. I know 5 minutes might not seem like much to some people, but 5 minutes straight without even meaning to (plus the incline) was good for me. :)




After that, I went downstairs to work with Biko. He was wicked today, and had me do this pullup thing. I didn't like it at all. He also had me do some squats with the big huge bar. I didn't think I could do it, but I did. He also had me do some other evil leg stuff. I felt great after the workout though, and as always I had fun laughing with Biko along the way.




Later tonight, I decided to do the elliptical at home. Feeding off the success of the treadmill, I decided to try one of the programs (usually I just do manual). I picked Fat Burn, and it asked what level I wanted as the max and defaulted to TEN. I have never been higher than 2 on my elliptical and 4 on ANY elliptical. I decide to try it anyway. What the heck? I DID IT! 30 MINUTES! I am so proud.




Also, I had a lunch today with Lisa for her birthday (Happy Birthday tomorrow) at Olive Garden. I was so worried because I didn't think I could do well there. I looked it up and I got Apricot chicken with brocolli and asparagus. I got dressing on the side and just put a little. I had one breadstick. Prettty good I think. :)




No comments: