Friday, July 10, 2009

Back to Biko


I landed in Tampa around midnight, and I had an early morning appointment with Biko. I was a good girl in Iowa though, and I did the treadmill twice. :)




Biko seemed happy to see me, and I was happy to be back. He first weighed me in, and I had lost 5 lbs since the Friday before we left on our trip (3 weeks ago). I am still amazed that I lost weight on the cruise. Mike and I were pretty good about walking/running around the deck for 2 miles (and one day for a 5K). Also, the tours had a lot of walking. Add all of the on ship walking, and we were pretty active. I thought that the alcohol and food might still be rough, but I guess I did well enough watching it. :) It felt good to know that I had a great time and that I didn't derail my efforts. :)




So, after weighing me in, Biko started his punishment. I think he was making sure that I knew that I had missed 3 weeks. :) Wow...my arms were shaking, my legs felt like jello, and then he made me do that evil sit up thing on the reclining bench. I hate that one. He also had me doing the bar. I did the row machine too, and I even did the back one that hurt my back in the beginning. I was nervous because the first time I did it (the 2nd visit I ever had to Biko), I got a cramp in my back and I thought I had hurt my back. It felt amazing to realize that it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier this time than it was when I was "fresh meat."




I was so happy to be back working with Biko that i will forgive him for picking all of my hardest things in one day. :) I have a feeling my muscles might not be so forgiving tomorrow though. They might be cussing Biko, but I would never do such a thing. :)




No comments: