Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday - Step, Movie, Party


I started today off with back pain that made me wonder if I would be able to go to step. Advil, the massage chair, and some light walking around later, I felt fairly sure that I could do it. I went to the step class, but I hadn't been in 3 weeks (cruise) and I forgot that it starts at 10:30 instead of 10. DOH. So, i strolled outside to loosen up my back, and I saw someone I met on the plane last week! We had talked, but I didn't dream I would see her the first time I went to step! Small world.


I was pretty proud in step. I did much better, and I kept going the whole time. Until today, I have had to walk in place some or do it only on the floor. I actually stayed with her for the most part. :) She did the evil abs workout again, but I think she is one of the best step instructors out there.


I did pretty well on eating today even though I went to a small party at night. I brought salad, brocolli, and apples to try to help me. It worked! :) We were even asked to bring my favorite cheese dip, and I brought baked scoops so that I could sample a little bit. I only had 6 chips with a tiny bit of cheese on them each. :) They had ribs for the main course, but I only had one rib. I think I did pretty well.


Also, Morgan and I went to a movie, and I ALWAYS eat popcorn at the movie. It just isn't a movie without it to me. I didn't get any for me, and I had about 10 pieces of Morgan's spread out through the movie. I was so proud.


I think I am getting the hang of this. I think today is the end of week 8 of me working out regularly. I am very proud of that. :) I have lost 23 lbs.

No comments: