Saturday, April 3, 2010

BIking on Hills, Running, and Swimming

What a day! We started this morning by meeting in San Antonio, FL where there are hills. We rode 33.6 miles. The longest I have ever ridden before is 25 miles on flat ground. At mile 10, we had to go up College Hill. Everyone kept talking about it and scaring me to death. Then, when we got there, it was really foggy and there were a lot of cars. It really scared me. I actually started crying and said I didn't think I could do it. THANK GOD Terry was there. He told me to ride with him, and he taught me how to do the hills. I haven't ever understood the gears and when to shift, but he made it much more clear. I really enjoyed it. I did almost have to walk a few times, but somehow I powered through it. ::) Then, we ran 2.5 miles - again with HILLS. That was hard. My legs were killing me, and I was breathing hard. I did it though. I am not sure I could have done 3.7 more, but hopefully I can after riding 25 on flat.

Then, we ate a quick bite, got the kids and their bikes, and headed over to Holly's house. We swam a half mile in the lake (I am still terrified of that lake. I just know a snake or alligator is going to get me). The first quarter I wasn't very efficient, but the second one was MUCH better. I need to work on making the beginning smoother so that I don't wear myself out too fast.

The kids did a clinic on the triathlon. It was great. The swam 10 lengths in her pool, transitioned to the bike, and then biked 4 laps. After the bike, the ran 1 lap around the circle. I ended up running another half mile with Morgan as she struggled with her bike.

No comments: