Thursday, May 6, 2010

8 Mile Run

Today, I ran 8 miles (7.57 and then .43 a bit later as I ran out of time). It was my longest run in 4 weeks. I have a half marathon coming up in 10 days. YIKES! I hope I can do this. I was doing so good before my cough and then foot pain, but then I had to put a halt on the running. Once I did the 6 miles at St. Anthony's, then I was sore so I only did some short stuff before going to Vegas. In Vegas, it was hard enough to get in a 4.4 mile run, so I didn't get in a long one. I am planning on trying 10 - 11 this weekend, and then I should be ok if I can do that (I hope!). Holly suggested another semi longer run during the week next week so I will try that as long as my foot is ok. Today, I ran in my new Kswiss shoes, and I think I liked them. They are different than my Nike shoes that I love. I am thinking the Nike shoes might not be so good for my foot, so I am trying some new ones. They were the most comfy in the store, and my foot did ok during the run. However, about an hour later, I had the worst pain I have had in over a week. :( However, a little advil and some ice later, it is better).

I finally uploaded my garmin again. Here is the link to today's run. http://connect.garmin.com/splits/32444780

No comments: