Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday Long Run

Today, I started getting back into my previos schedule of Saturday long runs. A few weeks ago, I came out and did 1 minute run and 1 minute walk intervals for about 3.75 miles. However, since then, I have only been doing the couch to 5k plan and haven't been doing any long runs. Oops. Since i am signed up for a half marathon on March 4th, I needed to get busy. So, what do you do when you want to push yourself? You run with a group. :)

They were going to run 4 mins and walk 1, but I convinced them to do 3 min/1min since they were going 5 miles (YIKES!). I managed to keep up for about 4ish of the 5 miles, and I kind of kept up until 4.5. Them, I was all alone because my legs just couldn't keep up with them. It was great fun though, and I somehow managed to have just enough energy to run it in at the end as hard as I could.

So glad to be with my RBFF Carmen!!!

No comments: