Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday Nov 10th

Daily Points -26 Weekly Remaining Points 26

Food Today (complete)
Weight Watchers Bagel - 2 points
1 tsp margarine - 1 point
1 Hot Dog and Bun - 8 points
Air popped Popcorn - 10 cups - 5.5 points
4 pieces of thin crust pepperoni pizza (flex heaven) - 20 points
skinny cow - 2 points

Total points - 38.5
Used 12.5 of weekly points = 13.5 remaining

Exercise Today
Couch 2 5k Week 3 (5 min warm up, 90 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walking, 3 min jogging, 3 min walking, 90 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walking, 3 min jogging, 5 min cool down)

Polar Watch Numbers
29 min 50 sec (I walked a little extra at the end)
In Zone 6:06
Avg HR 144
Max HR 176
Calories Burned 278

Thoughts
I think I have hit a rythym with food. I am not having any trouble staying in my points. I basically try to stay right at my points with very few flex points from Mon - Thurs. Then, Friday and Saturday, I have higher days using my flex points. Sunday, is a regular points or lower day. I am not having trouble choosing foods, and I love all the internet tools available to determine points. I almost never cook, mainly because I am not home a lot. My idea of cooking most of the time is a Lean Cuisine meal or Weight Watchers Smart Ones. :)

As for exercise, the couch 2 5k program is really fun to me. I totally love using the podcasts because I don't have to think about anything other than moving. The podcast tells me when to do what. Week 3 has been harder on me. I feel my muscles burning. My knees have been sore. My calf muscles are a little sore. At the advice of my friend Courtney, I got new running shoes today. They watched me walk and jog and suggested a type of shoe. I had to try on a few to find the right width and length, but even just standing there they feel better than my old ones. Of course, I got them AFTER my walk/run, so I can't wait to try them.

I feel like I have hit a groove. Exercise is great. Food intake is great. Energy and mood are great. I can do this!

No comments: