Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rest, Leg Healing, Some Running, BIKO

In the week after my very first triathlon (still patting myself on the back), I didn't do much. I was trying to let my leg injury heal. So, Mon, Tues, Wed, I rested. Thursday, I was a bit hungover from my celebratory first drinking event in a long time, and I decided I had better run before work. Phil was nice enough to go with me and to go my snail pace.

I rested over the weekend, and then Tuesday, we had triathlon practice again. We are now training for a half marathon and have 18 weeks to get there. We are now officially the Wesley Chapel Triathlon Team, and we even have a new website. The half marathon is in Feb and is the Gasparilla Half. I hope I can do it.

At practice, we did two miles. It felt good to be going again. On Wednesday, I did two miles and I had Biko. I have missed Biko. I certainly have met some amazing people through this journey. I guess it was meant to be. Biko took it a little easy on me as I was struggling after not lifting any weights for three weeks due to my injury. I have lost 13% body fat since I started though. :) My stupid leg is aggravated, so I am still taking it easy. :(

Today, I saw Chris at Elite Sports Massage. He tried to make it better. He says it is close. I hope so. I don't like worrying about it. I just want to run. Whoever thought I would EVER say that?????? Amazing.

No comments: