Saturday, October 3, 2009

Trial Run

I was really nervous today as I met two other girls from my group to do a trial run of the whole distance. Amy and Stacey were there, and I was so excited and nervous. We swam first in a zig zag which was interesting. Basically we just went in zig zags across the pool by going up one side of a lane and down the next and then moving over with each lenth of the pool. It was kind of cool. I did the 1/4 mile in 8:40.

Then, Stacey went to run as she didn't have much time, but as much as I wanted to chicken out I didn't. I rode with Amy who is a great biker. She pushed me some, and I was tired. We finished in 35 minutes.

Next, we started out on the run. The first mile took FOREVER to pass, and I thought I might die. The next half mile was hard but easier. Once i turned and headed back, it got a LOT better. I was even feeling like I could go faster. I didn't, but I think I could have. We finished the run in 42 minutes.

I now know that I can do it. I was tired but on a high all day. Also, I didn't get in until late the night before, and then I got up and met them at 7. The day of the race, I won't get in bed until nearly midnight, and I have to be there before 6:30. Ick...

No comments: