Friday, October 2, 2009

Run WITH HILLS

This morning, I got up extra early to be sure I could run before work. I was in Atlanta near perimeter mall, and it is pretty hilly. I was nervous, so I asked the front desk guy which way to go to avoid hills. He kind of laughed and said that I wasn't going to avoid hills, but that I could go UP the hills first if I went left. Then, I could at least finish downhill. Sounded good to me. :)

I so didn't realize that the hill was 2/3 of a mile up. Man, that isn't a hill. It is a mountain! Note to self, only sign up for Florida races where it is flat. Anyway, back to the run. I made it up the hill although it was SLOW and I was wondering if I would make it. So, I turned and went left until I hit a mile thinking that I would just do 2 miles since it was hilly. As I headed back, I thought, oh, now I get the easy part of going down the hill. While it was MUCH easier, it was harder than I thought as I had to control the motions and keep from busting my butt. When I got to the bottom of the hill, I decided that I would be a wuss if I didn't go the whole 3.1. So, I turned and went 2/3 of a mile down the street (with more small rolling hills) and saw the beautiful sun shining on the lakes on the way. It was so nice. It was pretty cool out, but by this point I was hot. I made it back to the hotel and was so proud of myself. It took almost 43 minutes, but I did it.

No comments: