Saturday, March 20, 2010

25 mile brick - Check!

I have been a mental case about the bike portion of St. Anthony's because I haven't been riding through the COLD Florida winter this year (yes, I know it isn't cold compared to the north but for Florida it has been cold. We don't have the appropriate gear to ride in cold here). So, over the past couple of weeks, I have gone from no riding, to 11 miles to 20 miles, to 25 miles! Today, I ran about 2.5 miles after the bike. It felt pretty hard for the first mile, but then I actually felt pretty good. I could have gone for a while, especially if I had done the 5 min run, 30 second walk method. However, I have my long run tomorrow, so I figured i would be better off just running 2.5 and stopping.

Tomorrow, on to the long run!

3 weeks to Fort Desoto
5 weeks to St. Anthony's
8 weeks to Marine Corps Half

No comments: