Saturday, March 27, 2010

Universal Studios Run

I think today's run gets extra credit. You see, last night, I was with the two Mike's - brother and husband. Oh man....wine, wine, wine, oh, another bottle? Sounds fun. Went to bed late...

Next thing you know, the alarm is going off. Really? Already? Ugh...I decided that I wasn't QUITE ready to gtet up, so I did hit the snooze for 30 minutes. I knew that I should get up or I might not have time, but I just couldn't do it. My head hurt. My stomach hurt. I was tired. I didn't know where I would run. What if I got lost? Was it too hot? Too cold? Raining? You get the idea. :)

I finally decided to get up, and then I couldn't find my freaking clothes. GRRRR....I am tearing my suitcase apart. Looking all over the room. Didn't I get my clothes ready last night? I could swear I did. Hmmm....

Mike says, "Are you looking for what is in the chair?" I say, "What chair?" He tells me to take the pillow shams off the chair. WOW! There are my clothes! All of them. Nicely laid out and everything. My wine-filled brain did something right.

I finally get going, and the front desk staff at the Royal Pacific Hotel gave me a sheet with two running paths - 1.5 miles and 3.8 miles. I think...hmmmm...maybe I will do one and then the other and then see how I feel at 5.3...

Well, I must not have understood the first one, and I had to go to the restroom already. Lovely. So, at a whopping 3/4 mile, I went inside. After my quick stop, I am confused as I don't see where the other 3/4 mile is. So, I decided to do the 3.8 loop. Hmmm...I think I must have missed the turn. I finally just go ahead and turn at some Universal sign. I find my way back to the hotel, and I am there at 4.8. Must have done somthing right. I decide to do at least 2 more, so I start off on the path that goes to Universal thinking it might be fun. I haven't even gone a half mile before a policeman tells me that I can't run through CityWalk. BUMMER. So, I turn BACk around and just do par of the 3.8 loop and head back. The last mile and a half, Morgan is texting me that I need to hurry. She was sweet though and asked what I wanted for breakfast. She and Mike were haing breakfast. Mike did 3 miles too. He seemed to enjoy it, so I was excited to hear that.

I ended up doing 7.27 miles. I then walked all over Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Fun day!

No comments: