Monday, March 22, 2010

Swimming

Today, I swam again at LA Fitness. I have really enjoyed my 7 day trial there. The pool is nice, and it doesn't seem to be too crowded. Plus, there is an awesome hot tub next to it that feels fantastic after a workout. :) I need to figure out our gym life, since we now belong to the Y and to Sport and Field. I certainly can't add a third place. :) Of course, Chris is now going to the Y, so I don't want to get rid of it. I guess we will have to see. I have gone swimming more times in this 7 day period than I have all year so far, so maybe I need to learn from that. It is way more convenient and easier to fit into my schedule as it is close.

Anyway, today, I only swam a little over a half mile. My right shoulder was having some mild pain in my shoulder blade, and I was nervous that continuing might make it worse and then cause me to not be able to swim. Ironically, I was swimming more because I thought it would be less stressful on my body. Hmmm....Anyway, i have found my love for swimming again. It feels INCREDIBLY good to swim for a long time. I had so forgotten that feeling. Too long without long distance I guess. I am back up to 1.5 miles, and I want to be swimming 2 miles several times a week prior to St. Anthony's. I am thinking that surely 2 miles in a pool would equal 1 in the ocean?

No comments: