Saturday, March 6, 2010

8 Mile Run in DC

I was in DC for a cheer competition, and I was staying at the Gaylord Hotel. I asked if there was a safe place to run, and they told me to go out front and ask them to point me to the jogging trail. They pointed me toward the river and said there was a path to the bridge. I didn't really understand what that meant until I made it quite a way down the path.

The first part was pretty windy, but it wasn't too bad. The path went around the harbor. After a little over a mile, there was this hill going up, and then there was a circular onramp looking path that went up to a bridge that went above the interstate. Then, you went back down on the other side just to have the path go BACK up onto the Woodrow Wilson bridge. It was SO incredible to be running on such a huge bridge. I went across (it was quite cold in the middle), and then I turned right. I wasn't really sure where I was going, but there were signs to Arlington Cemetary and the Pentagon. :) I ran down the cute street in Alexandria past many shops and churches. It was such a nice run. There were a lot of people who were out.

I turned around at approximately 4 miles, and I finished back at the hotel at 8 miles (I did have to run the two piers to make it 8 miles). It felt FANTASTIC. I was on a runner's high for the ENTIRE DAY!

No comments: