Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rain, Running, and Swimming

Today, Travis and I went for a run. We haven't ever run together despite many attempts to make it work. So, I was excited to FINALLY get to run and talk with him. We used to talk so often, and now it is weird not talking to him much.

Anyway, it was pretty gloomy, and i thought we should go to the gym and do the treadmill even though I hate the treadmill. However, Travis pulled his typical, "How bad could it be?" routine. So, we decided to give it a shot. About 5 minutes in, it started raining. It wasn't too bad though and we could see it wa clear ahead. So, we went out 2.5 miles. We decided we should turn around and we could just do it again if the weather was ok. I am SO thankful we turned. When we got about 1.5 miles from the car, the rain started again. About a mile from the car, it was REALLY coming down. Big drops. Lots of them. THEN, the thunder and lightening started. I took comfort in the thought that Travis was taller than me and that lightening would probably get him first. HA!

The last quarter of a mile, my shoes were so very heavy. I told Travis that I thought a mile with heavy shoes should count as two. :) We finally made it to the car, and the storm was really coming fast. Thankfully, Travis had a towel he loaned me as I was SOAKED.

On the way home, I decided to finish my 8 miles by doing 3 on the treadmill. :) I was so proud.

Then, tonihgt, I swam a mile and a half! I really could have kept going. Amazing. It took me about an hour to do 1.5 miles, so I wasn't flying but wasn't too pokey. Plus I stopped a couple of times to chat with Stacey.

Anyway, an overall great day!

No comments: