Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Another Y Day

Today, we got up at 4:30 again to go to the Athens Y. Liz is a machine! Yesterday, when we got there, I forgot to mention that there was nobody at the desk. On Monday when we arrived, I had called the Y to ask about coming as an out of town person and asked if I was allowed to bring a guest. They said yes. Tuesday, nobody was there, and we tried to find someone for a while. Finally, we just went in and started working out. Today we get there and again nobody is at the desk. So, we are looking around and trying to find someone. Another person comes in and says that the person working is at a computer desk around the corner in an office. So, we go there and tell her we are from out of town and that I am a member but Liz is my guest. She says no guests are allowed. I ask if she can just be a guest at the Y since she had never been. No, she cannot. Finally, I ask if there is any way that we can go ahead for today as an exception since we are there and since it is Liz's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ!). She finally says yes and lets us in.

We rode the bike for 45 minutes and then I ran 2 miles with the speed on the treadmill increasing every 0.05 miles. :) I was proud.

No comments: