Thursday, June 3, 2010

Swim and Run

Today, I swam at 5:45 am. Man, I shock myself by getting up that early. I never in a million years thought I would get up so early to exercise. :) After I took Morgan to school, I ran 5 miles. It was HOT. i was supposed to do 4 pickups of 2 minutes each (meaning I run faster for 2 minutes). Since I run 5 minutes and then walk 30 seconds, I decided to wait until the last 8 intervals. I would do 5 minutes regular and then 5 minutes with the last two of them being faster, then 5 min regular, then 5 min with the last 2 being faster, etc. Well, i did that twice, and my heart rate was SO high. It took me over a minute to get it below 170. So, I decided that was a bad idea, and I just jogged the rest until the very end when I sprinted to the end. Man, it was HOTTTTTTTTTTT. I am not so sure that I am adjusting to this heat. WOW.

Garmin link here and here.

No comments: