Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cardio Day and Wii Active Trainer

Today is a cardio day. However, Morgan and I bought the new Active Trainer program for the Wii. It has a 30 day challenge on it, so I am going to do it. Today, I did the first challenge. It was a general workout.

1. Walking
2. Short run
3. squats
4. long run
5. boxing
6. inline skating
7. side lunges
8. bicep curls
9. Squat row
10. side lunges
11. inline skating
12. boxing
13. squats
14. long run

It said it was 20 minutes and 169 calories burned.

Then, I went to work on the elliptical. I was at 6 minutes of intervals when Morgan came and said my loving husband had dinner ready.

An hour and a half after dinner, I went to "finish" my cardio workout. I got cranking, and I didn't stop! I did 35 minutes on the elliptical!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did 3.0 slow intervals and 4.5 fast intervals. My heart rate still doesn't go below 150 but it is going up to 180 and down to 150. Progress. I was so very proud and felt SO good with my accomplishment. I stretched after that, and I did 40 crunches and 20 leg lift things. Whew...

Food Today

Grains (5/6) - cheerios, 2 slices white wheat bread, wheat hamburger bun
Veggies (2/3) - lettuce, corn on the cob
Fruits (2/2) - banana, apple
Milk (2/2) - milk, cslice of heese
Meat (5/5) - 2 TBSP peanut butter, 3 oz hamburger
Oils (5/5) - 2 tsp margarine, 3 tsp salad dressing

No comments: