Monday, May 25, 2009

Mini (ok, Very Mini) triathlon

I decided that a lofty goal along with other goals would be to work up to a “sprint” triathlon which is 3.1 miles running, 12.4 miles biking, and 0.6 miles swimming. My goal is not even to do an actual race but to train for it and do it myself even if it is slower than slow. I think the different types of activity will help me stay engaged. So, I decided that each week, I will bike, run, and swim during the week, and then each weekend, I will try to do a little more of a mini triathlon. So, today, I did 4 miles on the bike, 0.3 miles swimming (would have done more but it started lightening), and 1 mile running (I actually did this on the elliptical due to the same storm). WOO HOO! It was fun. So, next week, I am going to try 5 miles on the bike, 0.5 miles swimming, and 1.25 miles jogging/walking.

My polar numbers for the biking/swimming (and the walk inside to change and the walk to the pool) were:

Time: 55:57

Calories: 771 – 45% fat

HR

Max – 162 – 89% of max range

Avg – 143 – 78% of max range

Light – 9:01

Moderate – 29:50

Hard 16:50

The biking was pretty slow because the polar kept beeping to tell me I was going over my heart rate. It was annoying to go so slow. I guess I just need to keep working on it so my heart will chill. J

My polar numbers for the elliptical and the stretching afterward(I did the heart rate training from the polar but it was way too slow and was driving me nuts, so I pushed it for a quarter of a mile…thus the 180 HR)

Time: 25:50

Calories: 390 – 35% fat

HR

Max – 181 – 99% of max range

Avg – 150 – 82% of max range

The OwnZone said I should keep it between 137 – 147 which was very hard to do.

Light: 1:58

Moderate: 11:04

Hard: 12:48

Food

Grains (4/6), cereal, bun (2), 100 cal popcorn bag

Veggies - (2/3) lettuce, grilled corn on the cob

Fruits (1/2) - banana

Milk - (2/2) - milk (0.5), cheese slice, blue cheese (0.5)

Protein - (3/5) - hamburger 3 oz

Oils - (5/5) butter (2), salad dressing (3)

Discretionary - ketchup, mustard

No comments: