Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Training Session #2

I was very excited to go for my trainer session. I was supposed to come "cold" without warming up so that I could get measured. However, someone else was getting measured, so we decided to do it Thursday. Biko took me upstairs to warm up. We started on the bike for 3 minutes, and then we did a fast interval (115 rpms or higher) for 2 mins, then slower (75 rpms) for 2 mins. We were about to do another fast interval, but I asked if we could do something other than the bike. I am not such a fan of stationary bikes. So, we went to the treadmill. I did two slow and two fast intervals there. Then, we went downstairs to work on the machines.

We focused mainly on the legs today with a little arms. We also did this back thing where you go stand in this contraption at a 45 degree angle with support under your legs. You bend down to the floor with your arms crossed and then back up to where you are straight. I did 20 of those, but then my back was so cramped that I had to stand there for a min. I guess my back is pretty weak. Then, we went to his squat thing. I couldn't get up at all. Embarrassing. I have NEVER been good at squats, so now I have a new goal. Biko was nice though, and he took me to the wall with the big ball behind my back. I used that to do squats, and it worked well. Next, I was on the mat and I had to hold the big ball between my legs. I would pass the ball to my hands and then back to my feet while touching the floor at the top and bottom each time. Whew. I could only do 15 of those too.

Felt GOOD. I am starting to kick myself. I really enjoy working out even when it feels like I am going to die, and I love the feeling after. WHY don't I do this all the time??????????

No comments: