Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wii Active Trainer - Great workout!

Today, I did the Wii Active trainer with plans to do some elliptical or a walk/run outside or a bike ride. However, that thing kicked my butt. I was sore already after an hour. It went crazy today with lunges to the side, to the back, and to the front, AND it made me do more squats. I must have made it mad yesterday. Then, it wanted me to jump up in the air over and over like I was doing tricks on an inline skate ramp. HA! It also had some upper arms, and then the super fast running in place and high knees. It said I burned 300 calories but my polar using my heart rate said 600. Hmmm....

The polar said:

Time: 43:51
Calories: 618 - 50% fat
Heart Rate - Max 176 - 96% of max HR range
Avg - 144 - 79% of max HR range

Light - 16:20
Moderate - 21:01
Hard 6:22

Later, I did some cardio kick boxing, dancing, inline skating, basketball, and baseball. My polar kind of went wacky and said my heart rate was over 200 when I wasn't even working hard and I manually checked it and found it normal. So, I am not sure what to count for that one.

Here are the numbers
Time: 36:03
Calories: 489 - 35% fat
Heart Rate
Max - 206 - 113% (this was probably more like 168 if I had to guess)
Avg 142 - 78%

Light 16:18
Moderate: 16:33
Hard: 3:12

I guess you might have notifced that I got a new polar watch. My old one (the beloved F4) died, and I really missed it once I started working out again. This F11 is AMAZING. I had to drive halfway across town to get one as none of my usual places had it. I went to Feet First in Tampa where they were SUPER friendly and helfpul. In fact, I think it was one of the best customer service examples I can recall in a while. Anyway, the F11 measures your fitness level as a resting heartrate and it also develops your OwnZone which is the heart rate range you should work in based on on your warmup. IT IS HOT. It also will come up with programs on how to improve your fitness level by designing programs to work your heart rate in the light, moderate, and heavy category. I am starting this, and I will let you know how it goes.

I am feeling pretty confident that I can do this and get fit. I have the trainer to help me stay on track, the Wii Active Trainer to do some fun things that I normally wouldn't get to do, the elliptical at home, the Sport and Field machines and equipment, and of course my bike and neighborhood pool. I think that sounds like NO EXCUSES. I simply must stay focused. Can I do it?

Mike decided that he hadn't been cruel this week, so he decided that we should bake the cookies from the cookie dough bought from school fundraisers. Ummm...week two of a diet and you are going to bake all of the cookies? REALLY? So, I was a very good girl and didn't eat them. I did think about getting my exercise by torturing my husband, but instead I used the Wii Active Trainer. :) At dinner, Katie wanted to make Velveeta and Rotel which is one of my all time favs, but luckily for me they decided to wait until tomorrow. I was strong though. :)

Food for the day...

Grains (4/6) - Cheerios (2), white wheat bread (2)
Veggies (3/3) - lettuce, brocolli, asparagus
Fruits - banana, apple
Milk - (2.5/2) - milk (.5), sliced cheese (1), blue cheese (1)
Protein (6/5) - 1 tbsp peanut butter, 2 oz ham, 3 oz chicken
Oils (5/5) - 1 tbsp italian dressing, 2 tsp blue cheese dressing
Discretionary - mustard, extra half milk, extra ounce of protein
Did not get all of grains in (wow..I think that is a first in my life)

No comments: