Sunday, November 15, 2009

FOUR MILES BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still in complete shock as I sit here and type this. I ran 4 miles today. Me! I did it! I was so nervous when I left the door. Mike was laughing at me because I had two water bottles. I put one in the mailbox so that I could grab it at 3 miles when I planned to pass our house. I took the other with me. I really need to get a fuel belt or whatever it is called.

Anyway, I walked to the end of my street, and then I started jogging. I went really slowly for the first 3 miles, and then the last mile I went a little faster. I definitely wasn't blazing or anything, but I did 4 miles in 50:24. For my first time over 3 miles, I am so happy! I did laugh though as I usually run at the end and go faster. I don't go quite full out, but I get close by the very end. This is only for the last tenth of a mile or so. I thought I was going so fast, and then I looked at my Garmin. It said 12:02. LOL. I thought I was going so fast, but I guess my legs were tired. Hee Hee...Anyway, I did it. Only 9.1 more miles to go by Feb 28. I think I can do it even though doing 5 miles two weeks from today seems unlikely. We will see. :)

No comments: