Saturday, November 7, 2009

Wesley Chapel 5K






Today, Mike and I did the Wesley Chapel 5k! My time was 37:32 which is 2:36 faster than I did it a few weeks ago in the triathlon. I am so proud of myself.

According to my Garmin,
Mile 1 - 12:42
HR 168
Mile 2 - 12:18
HR 176

Mile 3 - 11:29 - WOW - under 12 min!
HR - 183

Last .1 - 1:02
9:56 pace - WOW!
HR 189 WHOOPS

This was the first Wesley Chapel 5K race, and it was fun for us because there were only 130 people in it. It was in the beautiful saddlebrook resort area which is near us, but I had never been inside there. We ran by golf courses, tennis courts, pools, and beautiful homes. It was really nice.

Nicole from my Wesley Chapel Tri Team was also there. She is super duper fast though so I never saw her during the race. She finished in 29 minutes. Oh, how I can dream to be that fast some day. :)

Mike did awesome and finished in 43 minutes. He hadn't really trained much for it, so it is awesome that he did it that fast. He will be faster than me in no time. I hate that men can do that so easily, but it is what it is. :)

I looked back at the Jingle Bell Run that we did in 2007. I had been doing the couch to 5K for 7 weeks before that, so I walked and ran. That one took us 46 minutes and I felt like I was going to die by the end. So, I have come a LONG way. SO proud of us!!!!!!!

No comments: