Sunday, November 1, 2009

Time to Start the New Goal



Today officially marks the beginning of my training for a half marathon. We have 18 weeks to prepare for the Gasparilla Half Marathon. I am scared that I won't be able to do it, but I am going to try anyway. :)

According to the plan, I am to run 3 miles today. I did run 3 miles in 38 minutes. Better than the 40 I did last time. I felt pretty good, but I did fall about 2/3 of a mile from my house. I went to throw my water bottle away and when I turned to go back to the street I fell. Gashed up my knee but I kept going! I ran all the way home even though it hurt and was bleeding. By the time I ran a while, it didn't hurt any more. I had kind of forgotten about it when Mike saw me. He got this shocked look and said what happened? It was funny because I said, oh yeah, I fell. Hee hee. I think i am officially a runner. I fell, bled, and kept going. Day 1 complete.

No comments: