Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Track Day

Today was our first track day of the half marathon training. I was excited. We started by warming up for 2 laps around the track at a slow jog. Then, we did skips (high knees) and kicking your butt kicks. I don't like those butt kicks. Then, we started off doing 1/4 mile (1 track lap) at a pace that we couldn't talk during. Then, we rested for a minute or two. The workout was to do that 6 times, but I didn't make it as my leg was hurting. I had to walk and then I stopped and just stretched. We finished with a slow job that still hurt my leg so I stopped.

I cannot explain why it is so frustrating to be injured when I have not even wanted to do this stuff for years or maybe even my whole life. I have never run, and I have never been sad when I couldn't. It is so maddening to want to do it and to enjoy it and to not be able to do it. GRRRRRR......... I think the most maddening part is that I thougth I was almost better. :( Oh well, on to the next day.

No comments: