Thursday, August 27, 2009

Couch to 5K Week 6 Day 3 COMPLETED!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO! I am so proud of myself. So a little background, I screwed up on week 5 as I thought after the 1st one that all 3 days were the same 5 min run (3 times). So that is what I did. Then, I got to week 6 and did the 5 - 8 - 5 run. Then, I did the 2 ten minute runs for week 6 day 2. Then, I looked at day 3 and almost passed out. 25 minutes straight? Are they NUTS? So, I decided to look at it online again. I saw that week 5 was different for all 3 days and day 3 was a 20 minute run. i didn't feel too badly as I had actually done a 15 minute straight run one day simply because i didn't have time to do the intervals (and I survived lol).

So, I decided that I should go back to week 5 day 3 and do the 20 min and then repeat week 6. However, I slowed way down (ha ha as if I am ever not slowed down!) especially in the beginning. When I got to 8 minutes, I thought, I bet I can do the 25 minutes. So, I decided to turn around at 12.5 minutes instead of 10. I figured if I was just dying that I would just walk the rest of the way home and stop at 20 mins. BUT, I not only went 25 minutes, I went 26 minutes and 10 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My little GPS program on my iphone (love that sportsbra with the ipod holder - it rocks! said that I went 1.98 miles and averaged 4.4 mph with my fastest being 6.5 mph (at the end and very briefly). I am so proud! ON TO WEEK 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I did all of that with very sore legs. Biko did his job yesterday for sure! I didn't think I was going to be able to walk, much less run. But, they loosened up after I got going. Biko, don't worry, my legs and butt hate you, but I am thankful for you! :)

No comments: