Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday (Biko and swim)


Today, I had Biko bright and early. I was worried because I was sore after the Sunday activity. Biko got that evil smile on his face, and I knew I was in trouble. I first did the arm dips on the machine thingy that you subtract your weight from. I didn't mind it that much which means that Biko will raise it next time. Next, we did some arm things with the weights you hold in your hands.


Next, Biko looked really happy. I was scared. He had me doing the sets of leg reps where you do a number, rest, then another number, then more again. For example, on the legs, I did right leg 10 times, left leg 10 times, both legs 10 times, right leg 6 times, left leg 6 times, both 6 times, right leg 4 times, left 4 times, both 4 times. After that, then I had to get into that thing where you lie on your back and push the weight up (you are slanted down). That one I had to do 17, then 8, then 6 or something like that. I got dizzy, and thought I would puke. Biko just smiled and said I could do it. THEN, I had to do the leg one that you pull back at the knee and the hamstrings hurt. It was some other odd sequence that Biko loves. :) I could hardly walk at this point. My legs were so rubbery. Biko finished it with me pulling up my knees 15 times while all of my weight was on my elbows for abs. I was proud as that was really, really impossibloe for me when I started and it was hard but not THAT bad this time. FINALLY. Progress. :)


Later in the day, I swam 1/4 mile before the storm started. I swam the pool around the outside ot get a better feel of swimming without stopping and without walls.


Feeling good (even though I am sore). Biko is smiling somewhere knowing he tortured me :)

No comments: