Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week 7 Day 1 DONE (and 11 miles biking and 0.25 miles swimming)

Sundays are the day that I try to get my body used to swimming, biking, and running all in the same day. So, today, I got up and did week 7 day 1. I decided to go in reverse order for 2 reasons. First, I like that order better as I would rather finish in the pool than running, and second, I knew it would be too hot to run later in the day and I didn't want to get up and the crack of dawn on a Sunday.

So, I did 2.25 miles in my 31 minutes. I am not sure what happened, but somehow I think I actually went SLOWER today than I did on Thursday. LOL. Oh well. I guess I am going to have to pick up the pace because I think I might could walk it faster than I am running it. I did want to do 2.25 miles though since that is the mileage associated with week 7 day 1. So, i went longer than the other day. I actually think I might have gone a little longer than 2.25 miles, but it is close enough for me. :) So, for week 7 day 2, I am going to repeat 2.25 miles and see if I can get it in close to 29 min. The third one of week 7 says 2. 5 miles. We Will cross that bridge when we come to it, but I have 7 weeks to go before this triathlon.

My legs have been REALLY sore the past few days. Biko started me into major soreness with that DAMN leg press thing. I am not sure they have ever recovered. I thought yesterday with just some short swimming would help, but they are still really sore. It goes away once I run or bike, but it comes back with a vengeance when I am done. My body bugg said I had burned 1700 cals by noon. :) lovin it. I do think the body bugg has challenges wtih the biking. It doesn't seem to give much credit for a lot of work.

Anyway, I went 11 miles biking, and I did the first 9 in 35 minutes (that is how long the biking part of the triathlon is). I crossed mile 10 at 38 something, and then I used the last mile to cool down. I went pretty slowly and enjoyed it. I finished the 11 miles at 44 mins. :)

I really need to swim but I am going to eat and see how I feel. :)
Update - I DID make it to swim. I did the 1/4 mile in somewhere between 10:30 and 11 minutes. I did one extra circle but then I was pooped!

No comments: