Friday, August 28, 2009

Training Day

Today, I went to a different trainer (don't be mad Biko!) as I had purchased a line dancing class at Shapes that they had to cancel. They offered to convert it to training sessions, and I decided that was a good idea. Might be fun. Plus, sometimes I can't see Biko when I am traveling or have a wacky schedule.

So, today was just such a day. Biko was off having some much deserved fun, so I went to see Debbie. She was awesome! I am not sure how I could be so lucky to have happened upon two such wonderful people, but somehow I did. Debbie worked on showing me some things that I could easily do in hotels without the weight machines or a trainer. So, I did 10 squats, 10 push-ups, and 10 bent over rows and then repeated it two times for a total of 3 sets on each thing. Whew...

Then, I did this twister thing where you balance on one leg and arm (opposite) and bring the elbow to the knee. I did that 10 times on each side, and after the first set she had me put the one arm on a ball to make it less stable. Then, I would take the medicine ball and raise it high on one side and low on the other 10 times on each side, and then I ran up and down on the balance thing (the half ball looking thing with the flat platform on the other side). That was hard, and I was so worried that I would hurt my ankle. But, I did it. I did all of those for 3 sets as well.

Then, she took some measurements, and I went back home. :) It was totally different than what I usually do with Biko, and that was kind of cool to do something a little different. I can see how they will compliment each other if I do some sessions with each. :)

No comments: